Belize Flight Information
Getting to Belize is now easier and more affordable to ever. All of the biggest airlines in North America now all fly non-stop to Belize.
All international flights land at the Philip S.W. Goldson Airport located in Ladyville, a small village approximately 10 miles north of Belize City. Because of its location, the airport is also known as the “Belize City International Airport.”
The three-digit airport code for the Philip Goldson Airport is BZE.
From the United States
From the United States, the following airlines fly to Belize:
· American Airlines – Miami (MIA), Charlotte (CLT), Los Angeles (LAX) and Dallas (DWF).
· Delta Airlines – Atlanta (ATL) and Los Angeles (LAX).
· Southwest Airlines – Houston (HOU), Denver (DEN), and Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood (FLL).
· United Airlines – Houston (IAH), Newark (EWH), and Chicago (ORD).
Flight times range from 2-3 hours for southern cities like Atlanta, Miami, and Houston and 3-5 hours for other locations such as Newark, Denver, and Los Angeles.
Some of the above flights are operated all year-round while others are only offered seasonally, usually during the winter months.
From Canada, the following airlines fly to Belize:
· WestJet – Toronto (YYZ) and Calgary (YYC).
· Air Canada – Toronto (YYZ).
Flight times from both Calgary and Toronto average between five and six hours. Currently, both Canadian airlines only offer seasonal service to Belize during the winter months.
To find the best flights, you can either visit the airline’s websites directly or use your favorite travel booking site. Many people also like to use Google’s flight research tool, which allows for one-click booking.
Note: Southwest Airlines does not publicize or list their airfare on any third-party sites, including Google’s. To learn more about Southwest Airline’s flight schedule and to book tickets, you’ll need to visit their website.
From Central America
From Central America, the following airlines fly to Belize:
· Avianca Airlines – San Salvador, El Salvador (SAL)
· COPA Airlines – Panama City, Panama (PTY)
· TAG – Guatemalan Airlines – Cancun, Mexico (CUN), Flores, Guatemala (FRS), and Guatemala City, Guatemala (GUA).
· Tropic Air – Cancun, Mexico (CUN), Chetumal, Mexico (CTM), Roatan, Honduras (RTB), San Pedro Sula, Guatemala (SAB), and Flores, Guatemala (FRS).
Note: Tropic Air and Maya Island Air are local air carriers in Belize. These two airlines also operate domestic flights inside the country to over a dozen locations.
Currently, there are no non-stop flights to Belize from Europe. American Airlines, however, is now offering a direct flight from London’s Heathrow Airport to Belize City. The flight has a brief stopover in Miami, Florida before continuing on to Belize City.
Although prices are constantly subject to change, the table below shows what kind of price ranges you can expect for round-trip airfare to Belize City:
|City||Airport Code||Price range for a RT ticket|
|Grand Rapids, MI||GRR||$672-747|
|Los Angeles, CA||LAX||$547-$968|
|New York, NY||NYC||$504-$752|
|San Francisco, CA||SFO||$627-$916|
Anyone with a valid passport from the United States, Canada, the European Union, CARICOM nations, and several other select locations can enter Belize without obtaining a visa beforehand. You will, however, be required to show a passport that has at least six months left before it expires.
Each airline has their own unique baggage requirements.
Here are links to each airline’s luggage policy:
How to Find the Best Flight to Belize
Step 1 – Contact Caves Branch Jungle Lodge at 1-866-357-2698 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our travel experts will work with you on your itinerary, availability, and optimal prices.
Step 1B (optional) – If you want to fly to Caves Branch Jungle Lodge, the closest airport is in Belmopan (code: BCV). Tropic Air offers regular service to Belmopan from locations all over Belize, including the international airport in Belize City. It takes approximately 45 minutes to fly to Belmopan from Belize City. You can also fly in a helicopter from Belize City to Caves Branch. Contact us at email@example.com to learn more.
Step 2 – Use flight research tools like Google’s Flight Research site to find the best connections and/or prices.
Step 3 – Once you know the airlines offering the optimal routes/prices from your location, visit the airline’s website directly. Usually, the prices are better on the airline’s website and you can also take advantage of special deals and/or extra frequent flier miles.
Step 4 – Contact Caves Branch Lodge to re-confirm your dates and flight schedule. We’ll then work with you to ensure that you’ve got your accommodations with us booked as well as schedule any tours or activities that you’d like to enjoy during your time in Belize.
A Calendar of Flight Services to Belize
Note: This information is subject to change at any time. Only non-stop flights are shown.
From North America:
· Atlanta, GA (ATL) – American Airlines departs every Saturday.
· Calgary, AB (YYC) – WestJet departs every Friday (seasonal).
· Chicago, IL (ORD) – United departs every Saturday.
· Charlotte, NC (CLT) – American AIrlines departs every Saturday and Sunday.
· Dallas, TX (DFW) – American Airlines offers daily flights.
· Denver, CO (DEN) – Southwest Airlines departs every Saturday.
· Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood, FL (FLL) – Southwest Airlines offers daily flights.
· Houston, TX (HOU) – Southwest Airlines offers daily flights.
· Houston, TX (IAH) – United Airlines offers daily flights.
· Los Angeles, CA (LAX) – American Airlines departs every Saturday.
· Los Angeles, CA (LAX) – Delta Airlines departs every Saturday.
· Miami, FL (MIA) – American Airlines offers daily flights.
· Newark, NJ (EWR) – United departs every Sunday, Monday, Thursday, and Saturday.
· Toronto, ON (YYZ) – Air Canada departs every Friday (seasonal).
· Toronto, ON (YYZ) – WestJet departs every Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday (seasonal).
From Central America:
· Cancun, Mexico (CUN) – Tropic Air offers daily flights.
· Chetumal, Mexico (CTM) – Tropic Air departs every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
· Flores, Guatemala (FRS) – Tropic Air offers daily flights.
· Guatemala City, Guatemala (GUA) – TAG departs every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
· Panama City, Panama (PTY) – COPA Airlines departs every Tuesday and Friday.
· Roatan, Honduras (RTB) – Tropic Air offers daily flights.
· San Pedro Sula, Honduras (SAP) – Tropic Air departs every day BUT Saturday.
· San Salvador, El Salvador (SAL) – Avianca departs every day BUT Sunday.
These are the approximate flying time for non-stop routes to Belize City:
|City||Airport Code||Flying time|
|Altanta, GA||ATL||3 hours, 10 minutes|
|Calgary, AB||YYC||5 hours, 20 minutes|
|Cancun||CUN||1 hour, 45 minutes|
|Charlotte, NC||CLT||3 hours, 35 minutes|
|Chicago, IL||ORD||4 hours, 20 minutes|
|Dallas, TX||DFW||3 hours|
|Denver, CO||DEN||4 hours, 20 minutes|
|Flores, Guatemala||FRS||45 minutes|
|Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood||FLL||2 hours, 25 minutes|
|Guatemala City||GUA||1 hour, 15 minutes|
|Houston, TX||IAH/HOU||2 hours, 25 minutes|
|Los Angeles, CA||LAX||4 hours, 50 minutes|
|Miami, FL||MIA||2 hours, 20 minutes|
|Panama City, Panama||PTY||2 hours, 25 minutes|
|Roatan, Honduras||RTB||1 hour|
|San Pedro Sula, Honduras||SAP||45 minutes|
|San Salvador, El Salvador||SAL||1 hour, 40 minutes|
|Toronto, ON||YYZ||4 hours, 40 minutes|
While You’re in Belize
Caves Branch Jungle Lodge is Belize’s world-renowned center for adventure tours in the country. We helped found the unique sport of cave tubing (using an inflatable inner tube to float down underground rivers and cave systems), and we specialize in a wide range of activities in the surrounding nature, including bird watching tours, nature hikes, visits to ancient Maya cities, bushcrafting classes, cheese making workshops, trips to the country’s largest botanical gardens, rock climbing/rappelling, and overnight expeditions into the jungle.
Caves Branch Lodge can also work with you to create an unforgettable vacation experience that includes time spent on the beaches and islands of Belize. With one of our jungle and sea packages, you can truly enjoy the best of both worlds. We can also work with you to arrange for transportation inside Belize, including domestic flights, private ground transfers, and shuttle services.